Help the Holst’s maid Julia Giles prepare for the family’s Victorian Christmas. Learn how the Victorians helped to build the foundations for our modern Christmas celebrations.
- Meet the maid Julia Giles, as she begins to prepare for the family Christmas
- Learn all about Victorian Christmas celebrations; including the food they ate, the presents they gave and games they played
- Make traditional decorations and sweets to take back to school
- Be encouraged to make comparisons between 21st Century and 19th Century homes
- Be asked questions to develop their Historical enquiry skills
- See the Museum’s rooms beautifully decorated for Christmas
- significant Historical events, people and places in their own locality
- compare aspects of life in different periods
Art and Design
- use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- Recall the name of different beliefs and practices, including festivals, worship, rituals and ways of life, in order to find out about the meanings behind them
- 2 hour session
- ££4.50 per child or £65 minimum charge; helpers free
- Maximum of one class in the Museum at any one time
Available November and December; booking necessary.
We have a Museum shop with pocket money toys for between £1 and £3.50. Please let us know at time of booking if you’d like to use our shop.
Holst Birthplace Museum
4 Clarence Road